Tuesday, May 20, 2008

MY HERO

My father has taught me the value of life and how to respect and care for my surroundings. That person is my dad. My father is a man who lives by example. The only thing that worries him is the inability to do the right thing.

In Haiti, my father was the commander in chief of the main city local police. He was a well respected man. He tries to help as many as people as possible. Selfishness was not one of his qualities. One day, the Government wanted him to take on a task that was not morally right. Until now, my father never told us what type of job it was but he told us that he had refused a lot of money.

By refusing to accept that job, the government wanted to detain him. When I was four, my father flew to the United States leaving my mother, my four other siblings and I, in Haiti. My dad came to the United States with nothing but the shirt on his back. He had no family here. However, despite all of the calamities that he encountered, In the course of four years he was able to send for my mom. I hated him back then, because I did not understand why he would take away a person that I have known my whole life. I was Eight years old then.

Fours years later, when I was twelve my father was able to send for all four of us. He worked night and days, in other to do so, because my mom had difficulties finding a job because of the language wall. Now, all of his hard works pay off because, we have our own house.

Lately, I haven’t been seeing a smile on my father’s face. He has works so hard to send for my brothers and me here. However, now he is in debt because of him taking out loans for my brother’s education. What pains me is seeing them sitting at home, with no remorse. The money that he has worked so hard to make did no longer matter.

My father is my hero because through his calm personality, I have learned to never take the easy way out. He is my hero, because he does not expect the unexpected form me. He is my hero because he always comport like a true gentlemen. He is my hero because of his big heart and his courage to face the unexpected.

No comments: